Solana flips Tron in stablecoin volume – Will it impact TRX?

TRX CRYPTO_NEWS

Tron [TRX], once a dominant force in stablecoin volumes, witnessed a significant shift as Solana took the lead in that aspect.

The month of December marked Solana’s rise with a stablecoin transfer volume of $24.58 billion USDC, surpassing Tron’s $6.54 billion USDT and Ethereum’s $3.88 billion DAI, according to Artemis’ data.

Solana makes a comeback

The change in stablecoin dynamics raised concerns about Tron’s future trajectory. The loss of its top position to Solana could potentially impact Tron’s market standing and user confidence, signaling a need for strategic adjustments in its approach.

Legal problems for Tron

Moreover, legal hurdles loomed over Tron as the SEC charges founder Justin Sun and affiliated entities, including Tron Foundation Limited and BitTorrent Foundation Ltd., with the unregistered offer and sale of crypto asset securities.

The allegations of wash trading could add more regulatory scrutiny for Tron.

This legal challenge may affect market perception, with potential impacts on credibility and trust within the crypto community.

Operationally, the resources directed toward legal matters could divert attention from core development and growth initiatives, influencing sentiment.

At press time, the weighted sentiment around TRX had fallen. This meant that, on the social front, negative comments were outnumbering positive ones.

However, amid these challenges, Tron was actively exploring opportunities to bolster its ecosystem.

A strategic partnership between TRON DAO and ChainGPT combines artificial intelligence (AI) with blockchain, aiming to enhance user support through an AI-powered chatbot.

These developments may help in turning the tide in favor of Tron as interest in AI grows.

On another positive note, TRON’s mainnet underwent a significant upgrade with the implementation of Stake 2.0. This upgrade enhances TRON’s staking model, providing increased flexibility and improved resource utilization.

With approximately 46 billion TRX staked, Stake 2.0 has garnered 31%, while the older Stake 1.0 holds the remaining 69%.

The overall staking rate for TRX has increased to 52% over the year, indicating growing confidence and participation in TRON’s staking ecosystem.

Examining TRON’s user activity, the network maintained an average of 1.9 million daily active accounts, reflecting a steady baseline with a modest decrease of 4.7% in daily active accounts compared to the previous month.

This data suggested a stable user engagement level on the TRON network, albeit with a slight dip in transactional activities.

In the midst of these developments, TRX’s current price stood at $0.109931, showing a marginal decline of -0.01% in the last 24 hours.

Despite Solana taking the throne from TRX in terms of stablecoin volume, the price of SOL also fell.

Source : AMBCrypto / Jan 4, 2024

rayn.finance logo

Automata FRANCE SAS

240 rue Evariste Galois,

06410 Biot,

Sophia Antipolis

Automata Pay

65-66 Warwick House 4th

Floor, Queen Street, London

England, EC4R 1EB

Automata Pay Europe Ltd

3rd Floor Ormond Building,

31-36 Ormond Quay Upper,

Dublin 7, D07 Ee37

Automata ICO Ltd

Italian Branch

Via Archimede, 161,

00197 Roma

Italy

The purchase of digital assets is subject to a high market risk and price volatility. Changes in value can be significant and occur rapidly and without warning. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. The value of an investment and returns can fluctuate both up and down, and you may not recover the amount you invested. RISK WARNING

Automata ICO Limited has a branch in Italy with its registered office at Via Archimede, 161, Roma, Italy, and registered in Italy under number 96550860587 with the Organismo Agenti e Mediatori (OAM) as a Virtual Asset Service Provider (VASP).

Automata France SAS is a company registered in France with the company number 902 498 617. Automata FRANCE SAS is registered with the french Financial Market Authority, l’Autorité des marchés financiers (“AMF”), as a provider of Virtual Asset Service Provider under number E2023-087.

Automata Pay Europe Limited is a partner of Modulr Finance B.V., a company registered in the Netherlands with company number 81852401, which is authorised and regulated by the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) as an Electronic Money Institution (Firm Reference Number: R182870) for the issuance of electronic money and payment services. Your account and related payment services are provided by Modulr Finance B.V. Your funds will be held in one or more segregated accounts and safeguarded in line with the Financial Supervision Act. How we keep your money safe.